Since 1998, Madejski Stadium has been the home of the Royals.
We moved to RG2 from our previous location at Elm Park, bringing a new era to Reading Football Club's presitigous history.
Reading Football Club
Junction 11, M4
Pitch Size: 105 metres x 68 metres
Ground Capacity: 24,161 (all seated) - 2,327 normal away allocation
West Stand: Main stand, includes family enclosure, hospitality entrances, restaurant, Conference Centre, community, administration, Fanstore, Ticket Office, players' entrance and concourse bars. Seating at Ground and Upper Levels. Entry at Turnstile Gates 1-4.
Eamonn Dolan Stand: behind the goal, Family Area, concourse bars. Tickets and Turnstile Gates 5 & 6.
East Stand: reserved seating. Tickets and Turnstile Gates 7 & 8.
South Stand: half capacity is 2,327, full capacity is 4,350. Concourse refreshments. Tickets and Turnstile Gates 9 & 10
The seated bowl, concourses, staircases, toilets and hospitality areas are all smoke free, and there are designated smoking areas as follows:
West & Eamonn Dolan Stands: Smokers are permitted to leave by way of reversible turnstiles at Gates 1-6, five minutes prior to half time. A steward will issue a pass-out ticket stating the gate number and date. Spectators will be able to return through the correct turnstile by giving up the voucher to the turnstile operator. The turnstiles will be closed five minutes after the start of the second half. No further re-admission will be permitted.
East Stand: Smokers are permitted to smoke outside Gates 7 and 8, within the secured compound, at a period of time after kick off as determined by the Safety Officer. This would normally be about 15 minutes after kick off.
South Stand: Smoking is not permitted in the South Stand and smokers are not permitted to leave or re-enter the Stand.
Hospitality guests: Outside main reception.
- Madejski Stadium's record attendance to date was 24,134 for the Premier League fixture against Manchester United in January 2008
- The first game staged here was a 3-0 victory against Luton Town on 22nd August 1998, played in front of 18,108 supporters
- The Stadium houses 28 Executive Suites, all with excellent views overlooking the pitch
- The metallic posts topped with cylindrical discs surrounding the stadium are methane gas vents, built to accommodate the underground build-up of gases - the stadium was built on the site of a household waste dump
- There are long-term plans to build a rail link from the town centre to nearby business centre Green Park
- The pitch incorporates a complicated system of synthetic fibres interwoven with the natural grass - the renowned 'Desso' system, installed at a substantial cost
The perfect gift for any Royals supporter: be part of the fabric of Madejski Stadium.
Find out more about how to get a 'brick in the wall' at the home of the Royals by clicking here.