There are a number of buses from Reading and surrounding areas that run direct to Madejski Stadium.
Please note the last departing buses from Madejski Stadium on a matchday are:
- Buses from the greater Reading area, Reading town centre and Newbury are run by Reading Buses.
- Services from Basingstoke, Farnborough, Wokingham and Bracknell are subsidised by Reading FC and run by Stagecoach Buses.
Full details for all services are below.
F1 Reading Station Shuttle Service
Runs from outside Reading Station. The Service commences 2 hours before kick-off and a minimum of 12 buses run a frequent shuttle service up to 1 hour 45 minutes after the final whistle.
The F1 fares which Reading Football Club subsidise are:
- £2 per journey single or return
- £1 per journey single or return for 65 and overs
Please note: F1 bus stop has now been relocated to central bus stop, in between car park 1 and 2 on the stadium map which you can access by clicking here.
Urban Services - New Bus Terminus at Stadium in Car Park 1
- F2 Shinfield Park (Park & Ride Shuttle)
- F10 Sonning Common
- F11 Emmer Green
- F12 Emmer Green & Caversham
- F13 Caversham Park
- F14 Henley-on-Thames
- F20 Newbury
- F21 Norcot
- F22 Tilehurst Circular
- F23 Theale & Pangbourne
- F24 Purley
- F30 Tywford
- F31 Woodley Airfield
- F32 Woodley
- F33 Lower Earley
- F60 Mereoak (Junction 11/A33) Park and Ride Shuttle
View the latest Reading Buses leaflet by clicking here.
Information is also online at www.reading-buses.co.uk/football
Reading Urban services excluding F1, F2 and F60 (within the Greater Reading Urban Area):
- Reading Zone - Adult return £5, Under 19s £3
- Network Zone - Adult return £6, Under 19s £3.50
- Concessionary pass holders can get a single journey for £1
- Single - Adult £2, Under 19s £1.30
- Return - £4, Under 19s £2
New Bus Terminus at Stadium in Car Park 1.
- 951 Basingstoke - Tadley - Burghfield Common
- 952 Farnborough - Yateley - Sandhurst - Crowthorne
- 953 Wokingham - Emmbrook - Winnersh
- 954 Bracknell
Return ticket prices
- Adult £6.50
- Child £3.50
- Family ticket (up to 2 adults + up to 3 children) £15
- Concessionary Pass Holders can travel for £1 per journey
A full Stagecoach football timetable is available by clicking here.
General bus info
Travelcards, day & group tickets are not valid. Drivers do not carry change so please have exact fares prepared.
Kick off changes
The timetables published have details for games with 3pm kick off times When a fixture is moved, the timetable will move by the same amount of time, eg. for a 1pm kick off, buses simply run two hours earlier than the 3pm kick off time.
After the full time whistle, a taxi rank is situated in Northern Way.
The nearest railway station to Madejski Stadium is Reading. From the station you can take a Greenwave Park & Ride service. Greenwave does not leave from the Old Bus Station. These run from the North interchange on Mondays to Fridays but on Saturdays will run from Station Road stop EF instead.
Please note that there is ample town centre parking for access to these buses - Garrard Street, Vastern Road and Broad Street Mall are all within easy walking distance of the Station Hill bus stop.