Explanation, aims and key principles
The overall concern of Safeguarding at Reading Football Club surrounds keeping children safe...as well as young people and vulnerable adults.
Reading FC prides itself on being a warm, welcoming, family club that works closely with the community. Safeguarding is an integral aspect of maintaining and improving this reputation - which the club will work hard to achieve.
Aims and key principles
• To safeguard all children and young people who interact with the Club.
• To demonstrate best practice in the area of safeguarding children.
• To develop a positive and proactive welfare programme to enable all children and young people to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment.
• To promote high ethical standards throughout.
The key principles underpinning this policy are:
• The child’s or young person’s welfare is, and must always be the paramount consideration.
• All children and young people have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, culture, racial origin, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
• All allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to efficiently and appropriately.
• To ensure that staff, coaches, parents and other adults who come in contact with children and young people provide good role models of behaviour.