Home matchday role availableReading Football Club are looking for a Customer Support Agent to work at the Madejski Stadium on matchdays.
Job title: Customer Support Agent
Department: Customer Service
Hours of Work: Matchdays As required
Salary Range: £7.50 per hour
Responsible to: Customer Service Supervisor
- To ensure the spectator enters the Stadium without a problem.
- To ensure the disabled bays during the match are kept clear and spectators are not stood up in front of the wheelchair users.
- To allow entry to the smoking area at half time and re-entry into the stadium.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend the Stadium at given dates and times as dictated by Customer Support Supervisor
- Attend pre-event briefing
- To be trained on the use of PDA, master-card and turnstile equipment
- To ensure that the requirements of the safety certificate and ground regulations are met at all times
- To be responsible for the safety and comfort of spectators within the site
- To assist in entry to the Stadium, helping with any problems with tickets, member cards or season tickets
- To help with spectators enquiries, or direct to appropriate department
- Direct spectators to seating areas by checking tickets
- Ensure that disabled bays are kept clear during the match and that spectators are not stood up in front of wheelchair users
- Assist with exit from the Stadium into smoking compounds at half time, ensuring no alcohol is taken out of the ground in allocated areas and assist with re-entry into the Stadium.
- Identify and incident or occurrence among spectators, reporting their findings to a supervisor
- Report to Supervisor any damage or defect which is likely to pose a threat to spectator or employee safety e.g. a damaged seat or barrier
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such findings immediately to a Supervisor
- Know the location of and be able to operate effectively the fire-fighting equipment at the ground
- Know the location of the first aid rooms and any first aid equipment kept elsewhere in the Stadium
- Be fully conversant with any methods or signals used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen
- Comply promptly with any instruction given in an emergency by the Safety Officer or Supervisor
- Remain at allocated post as instructed unless authorised or ordered to do otherwise by a Supervisor
- Assist as required in evacuation of the ground
- Attend post-event briefing and sign out all of the equipment used and hand in any items retained from spectators
Key Skills and Attributes
- Enthusiastic with a natural ability to relate to a wide range of people
- An optimistic and happy outlook
- The initiative to work independently and the ability to work in a team
- Flexibility, empathy and commitment
- Able to handle complaints constructively
- Well organised
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Fit and active
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Customer Service Standards
CUSTOMER SERVICE DRIVEN
Employees must demonstrate a commitment to delivering excellent customer services in all areas of Madejski Stadium
OPEN AND RESPONSIBLE
Employee must continue to listen to our customers and communicate with them to ensure continual improvement.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Employees must work towards ensuring we meet all safety and security standards
Complete and return this application form to Human Resources Manager, Reading Football Club, Madejski Stadium, Junction 11. M4 Motorway, Reading RG2 0FL or email firstname.lastname@example.org