Updates for this weekend
A full round up of information for fans attending this Sunday’s game with Spurs is available below – including what’s on at the stadium and travel information.
Transport & Parking
- Football Service F14 (Henley-on-Thames - Madejski Stadium) Fans will not be able to use the bus stop in Hart Street, Henley-on-Thames on Sunday. This is due to road closures in connection with the "Challenge Henley-on-Thames" event. The bus will start from, and return to, the Coach Park at Henley-on-Thames Railway Station instead.
- Stagecoach are increasing the buses on 3 of their services due to the popular demand for the special football services:
952 – Farnborough – Yateley- Sandhurst- Crowthorne
953 – Wokingham – Emmbrook – Winnersh
954 - Great Hollands – Bracknell
- Service 951 bus will operate with one bus as before – Basingstoke – Tadley – Burghfield Common
Update: Stagecoach buses are operating 90 minutes later than for a 3pm kick off.
- The Reading Buses Station shuttle service F1 will be operating to the stadium commencing at 2pm and additional buses have been added for the larger crowd. The Park and Ride Service from the station does not run on Sundays.
- The Urban Services from the areas of Reading will be running 1 hour later than for a 3pm kick off. The Foster Wheeler Park and Ride service will be operating from Shinfield Park from 2pm (300 spaces) (free parking with bus fare £4.00 adult return and £2.50 return child)
- Car Parks will be open at Imperial Way (1,000 spaces) and the Greyhound Stadium (1,000 spaces) from 12.30pm (£8 per car). Car Parking at Madejski Stadium is permit holder only – disabled spaces are available on a first come first served basis at £5 per car and also families at £8 per car.
This fixture is SOLD OUT.
Activities and Events
There should be something for everyone this Sunday!
- In partnership with the Reading FC Former Players Association, the club are pleased to welcome three former players to Madejski Stadium – each with a strong link between both of this afternoon’s teams. Johnny Brooks, Stuart Beavon and Fred Sharpe will all be returning to their former club to enjoy some Premier League action.
- EA Sports return to Madejski Stadium with the brand new FIFA 13. From around 1.30pm the Dugout will be opening its doors for Reading fans to go on board and trial the new game which isn’t out until the 28th September. It will be located in Boot End, approaching the Dome.
- From 2pm supporters can visit the brand new Royals Fun Zone located outside the Indoor Training Centre.
- Football freestyler Matt Minnis will be showcasing his skills at the Royals Fun Zone from 2pm.
- Mascots Kingsley and Queensley will take part in a dance-off before the match gets underway!
- Two Official Merchandise Units are located outside the stadium this season offering a wide range of Reading FC merchandise, whilst matchday shirt printing is only available at the Official Shirt Printing kiosk, outside the North Stand.
- The North Stand concourse will be open after Sunday’s game until 7pm, with drinks and selected food options available.
Enjoy the game!