Academy player up for Goal of the MonthRoyals Academy player Lewis Collins has been nominated for the League Football Education's Goal of the Month after a stunning strike in our under-17s' win at Manchester City.
Lewis, who celebrates his 17th birthday on Wednesday, finished off an excellent team move with a superb left-footed strike into the top corner.
Watch the goal below and click here to vote for Goal G. You can also read Lewis' player profile here.
League Football Education’s (LFE) Goal of the Month competition returns for September with ten of the best strikes from the Under-18 Premier and Youth Alliance Academy Leagues. Swindon Town’s Josh Cook took the plaudits last time out for his powerful finish during The Robins 4 – 1 victory over Hereford on 31 August. This month’s contenders, from Football League clubs across the land, will be hoping to emulate him by attracting the majority of the public vote:
• Brandon Scott, SOUTHEND UNITED v Gillingham
• Daniel King, SOUTHEND UNITED v Gillingham
• Giorgio Rasulo, MK DONS v Dagenham & Redbridge
• Mark Shelton, BURTON ALBION v Scunthorpe United
• Jake Charles, Sheffield Wed v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN
• Michael Williamson, ROTHERHAM UNITED v Burton Albion
• Lewis Collins, Manchester City v READING
• Alex Kenlock, Hartlepool United v NOTTS COUNTY
• Regan Charles-Cook, Leeds United v CHARLTON ATHLETIC
• Tyler Brampton, COLCHESTER UNITED v Southend United
LFE chief executive Alan Sykes said: “This competition remains extremely popular with players, clubs and the general public. It provides a great platform to showcase the talented young footballers that are currently being produced by Football League clubs.”
To vote, please visit the LFE website. Voting will remain open until 1pm on Thursday 17 October.