Loads of activities taking place at MK Dons fixtureAt this Saturday’s home fixture against MK Dons, we will be celebrating the work of our Community Trust, which engages over 3,400 young people in Reading and Berkshire every week.
Our Community Trust represents Reading FC within the local and surrounding communities, acting as an extension of the club to engage with local people and make a genuine impact on their lives.
The Trust’s motto is ‘Care, Develop, and Educate’ – neatly encapsulating the aims of the work in the local and surrounding communities, highlighting the advantages of young people leading healthy, active and socially inclusive lifestyles. Their work is delivered across five main pillars of activity: Health, Education, Social inclusion, Sports Participation and Recruitment.
At the MK Dons fixture itself, we’ll have loads of activities going on around Madejski Stadium to showcase the tremendous work of the Community Trust. Look out and get involved in these activities:
• Fun Zone: Hosted by Community Trust coaches, running football related games.
• Our Community Trust Disability Football team will have presentations at half-time, as well as interviews with Trustees.
• Half-time presentation for the Silver Schools, taking part in the school sports scheme.
• Sky Sports presenter and Community Trust ambassador Amy Lewis will be interviewed at half-time on the pitch.
• Reading FC Community Trust groups from Social Inclusion, Soccer Schools, Disability Football, will take part in the matchday flag waving and our half-time penalties game.
You can also get a flavour of the work that the Community Trust do by picking up The Royal, our matchday programme, where there will be loads of feature articles and photos to exhibit the role that Reading FC plays in your community.
To get your ticket for our fixture against MK Dons, just click here to head to the online ticket purchase page.