Find out how you could get involved!Reading FC Community Trust will once again by hosting the 12-week Prince’s Trust ‘Team’ programme, starting next month!
We will be hosting a Taster Session on Monday 9th May, and the Team programme itself begins on Tuesday 10th May.
Our most recent group of participants, pictured below, graduated from the programme earlier this month at Madejski Stadium, where defender Niall Keown was on hand to watch their final presentations and dish out their awards.
‘Team’ is a full-time programme for young people aged between 16 and 25 who are currently unemployed, not training or any form education. Taking place from Monday to Friday at Madejski Stadium, the programme is designed to re-engage the participants, helping them to think about their futures and move forward, ultimately into employment, education or training.
During the 12 week programme, participants will:
• Learn the importance of team work
• Attend a five-day team-building residential
• Develop and learn new skills
• Undertake projects aimed at helping the local community
• Complete a work placement
• Plan, organise and deliver a team presentation
• Gain new qualifications (First Aid and NVQ Teamwork and Community projects)
The benefits of joining a Team Programme are:
• Realising own potential and gaining new skills and experience
• Working towards a valuable qualification and certificates
• Developing a CV and career aspirations
• Building confidence, motivation and enthusiasm.
• Open doors to opportunities and networking.
• Meeting new people and making new friends.
Joining the Team Programme won’t affect young people’s benefits.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining the Team programme, please contact Alex McSweeney, Team Leader for Reading, by ringing 07827 947291 or emailing AMcSweeney@readingfc.co.uk.