Community trust run programme for 16-25 year-oldsReading FC Community Trust will once again be running the Prince’s Trust ‘Team’ programme from Monday 18th January - and there is still time to sign up!
‘Team’ is a fantastic 12-week personal development programme which is aimed at 16-25 years old who are currently unemployed, not training or any form education.
Three in four of the young people who have been helped by the Team programme across the country move into work, education or training within the first 3 months. Here at Madejski Stadium, we have had great success through the Prince’s Trust and the Team - the programme has been a great springboard for many young people into their dream jobs.
Over the 12 weeks, the programme in split into specific sections for the young people participate in, which include:
• A week residential to the New Forest, where you get the chance try new things like rock climbing, and push yourself by jumping from the leap of faith. Participants will be doing all of these activities whilst beginning to develop those important team and communication skills.
• Community projects, where the group choose an important local project that the community around Reading can benefit from. The group task will be to plan and complete the project in a period of four weeks with the support of the team leaders.
Work placement, using already successful relationships with local businesses and organization we can offer a two-week work placement best suited for your future ambitions.
• We also are dedicated to developing your CV and interview skills. Using local partnerships you will gain an expert’s support in improving your chances of gaining employment, whilst also helping you seek job and training opportunities.
• The Team Challenge, this is an opportunity to work directly with people in the local community to again give something back to the community.
• A final presentation to deliver to friends and family about your experiences of the Team programme. With the support of staff at Reading FC Community Trust, you will be helped to prepare for it, and helped to develop your ability to create and deliver a presentation.
By the end of the Team programme, participants will gain an NVQ Qualification, plus lots of practical experiences and skills to be taken take away into future careers or boost chances of further development, building confidence and motivation to open the door to new opportunities. It is also a fantastic chance to make new friends along the way.
For more information on the Reading FC Community Trust programme, click here.
Alternatively you can contact Alex McSweeney, Prince’s Trust Team Leader, by ringing 0118 968 1067 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.