We’re delighted to have launched our new-look version of readingfc.co.uk this morning.
It hasn’t been a small task. The last five years’ worth of news stories have been migrated to our new platform. And substantial areas of the website have been rebuilt from scratch.
But we’re hopeful that it will provide a good user-experience for our supporters and help you to get closer than ever to the Royals!
It is still an ongoing work-in-progress; there is still work to be done to ensure the site allows our fans to get the most of what's available. And we'll gladly listen to your feedback and suggestions in due course as we aim to keep improving what's on offer.
Here’s a brief summary of just a few new things on readingfc.co.uk from today…
- Fully responsive web pages – optimised to ensure for easy use on mobiles and tablets
- Improved navigation bar – find the areas of the site you need without hassle
- The introduction of iFollow, our brand new video service – we’ll bring you more details later today!
- Tags applied to news stories – locate relevant articles in a stress-free manner
- Updated profiles of our senior squad, Under-23s, Under-18s and first-team staff
Our website has been developed by Realise, while our new video offering is hosted by NeuLion. This is all part of the newly-agreed EFL Digital contract which begins this summer. Reading FC have been part of a small working group in the development of the new websites, aiming to ensure that they are developed with our fans in mind.
We’ll bring you lots more information about our new site throughout the day – such as some improved areas of the website which you might not have seen before, and more information about the iFollow platform.
For the meantime, take a look around. Click on some links, use the navigation bar at the top of the page, and get familiar with the layout… we hope you’ll enjoy it!