Ahead of kick-off on Saturday, referee Darren Bond will be conducting the pre-match coin toss with a commemorative coin issued by the Royal British Legion.
The pre-match coin toss will form part of our Remembrance Weekend activities as we mark 100 years since the Armistice at the end of the First World War.
On the obverse of the coin is the RBL’s logo and the text, ‘To the memory of the fallen and the future of the living’. On the reverse, meanwhile, is the ‘Thank You’ message – in line with the Royal British Legion’s #ThankYou100 campaign – as well as the message, ‘All who served, sacrificed, and changed our world 1918 – 2018’.
We politely request that all supporters enter the stadium and get to their seats in good time ahead of this weekend’s game. Our turnstiles will be temporarily disabled during the Last Post and minute’s silence ahead of the game. All of our Remembrance activity is listed below.
Remembrance Activities – Reading vs Ipswich Town, Saturday 10th November 2018
- 12.30pm Volunteers from The Royal British Legion selling poppies and collecting donations around the ground
- 1.30pm Supporters invited to gather at the Remembrance Wall next to Gate 1; Reading Scottish Pipe Band performing in advance of the service
- 1.45pm The Act of Remembrance will begin, led by Rev. Barry Kirk
- 1.50pm Following 'The Last Post', wreaths will be laid
- 2pm Individual tributes will be laid for the 15 former Reading players killed in the First World War
- 2.40pm A 'Royals Remembered' video will be shown on the big screen inside Madejski Stadium
- 2.47pm The Reading Scottish Pipe Band march onto the pitch, playing in front of the East Stand
- 2.55pm Players emerge from the tunnel with poppies on their shirts (to be auctioned for Royal British Legion)
- 2.56pm Coin toss with bespoke commemorative coin
- 2.57pm Turnstiles around Madejski Stadium temporarily halted for Remembrance activity
- 2.58pm Supporters will be asked to fall silent as bugler Mark Dallas perform the Last Post
- 2.59pm Madejski Stadium observes a minute's silence
- 3pm Kick-off; turnstiles will re-open upon the conclusion of the minute's silence