Three wins from our last four Madejski Stadium fixtures… let’s maintain that kind of home form this weekend when we meet Ipswich Town!
And we’ve had a bit of a cutting edge here in recent weeks in RG2, too. A 3-0 win against Hull, a 3-1 triumph over Millwall and last Saturday’s 3-2 triumph against Bristol City… there’s been plenty of goals to cheer in those fixtures!
Back-to-back wins in consecutive weekends at home would be the ideal way to enter the international break. And without another game on our own patch under December, you want to miss out on your football fix! Despite the Tractor Boys’ position at the foot of the table, we won’t be taking anything for granted.
So come along, play your part, get behind the boys and help us to achieve our goal of being three points better off come the final whistle.
Supporters are also reminded that this Saturday marks our Remembrance Weekend activity around the ground ahead of the game – a schedule of events is below.
Remembrance Activities – Reading vs Ipswich Town, Saturday 10th November 2018
- 12.30pm Volunteers from The Royal British Legion selling poppies and collecting donations around the ground
- 1.30pm Supporters invited to gather at the Remembrance Wall next to Gate 1; Reading Scottish Pipe Band performing in advance of the service
- 1.45pm The Act of Remembrance will begin, led by Rev. Barry Kirk
- 1.50pm Following 'The Last Post', wreaths will be laid
- 2pm Individual tributes will be laid for the 15 former Reading players killed in the First World War
- 2.40pm A 'Royals Remembered' video will be shown on the big screen inside Madejski Stadium
- 2.47pm The Reading Scottish Pipe Band march onto the pitch, playing in front of the East Stand
- 2.55pm Players emerge from the tunnel with poppies on their shirts (to be auctioned for Royal British Legion)
- 2.56pm Coin toss with bespoke commemorative coin
- 2.57pm Turnstiles around Madejski Stadium temporarily halted for Remembrance activity
- 2.58pm Supporters will be asked to fall silent as bugler Mark Dallas perform the Last Post
- 2.59pm Madejski Stadium observes a minute's silence
- 3pm Kick-off; turnstiles will re-open upon the conclusion of the minute's silence