In case you didn't know already, our owner, Mr Yongge Dai, will be paying for supporters' coach travel for 15 of the Royals' furthest away matches this season.
The first time you will be able to take advantage of this generous offer will be this weekend, as Reading make the trip to the KCOM Stadium to take on Hull City. Here's how you do it:
Step 1 - Become a member of STAR
Supporters' Trust At Reading (STAR) provide comfortable supporter coaches for every away match the Royals play, in the league and cup.
Becoming a member is easy, and it costs just £10 for an Adult, and £5 for Under-18s and people aged 65 and over. A return trip to Hull on one of STAR's coaches last season would have cost £30, so despite a membership fee, you will still be saving money on your first trip.
To join STAR, you can:
- Sign up at STAR Base at Madejski Stadium (opposite Gate 7) - open on Tuesday 6th August, 7.30pm-9pm
- Become a member via STAR's website by clicking here
- Email enquiries can be sent to email@example.com or you can ask questions by leaving a message on 07423 747225
Step 2 - Check travel details online and book
For every away match, the STAR website provides details of departure times for upcoming games and plenty more. You can see details of travel for Reading's first three away games here.
While travel for Saturday's game is free, you will still need to book a place on one of STAR's coaches, so STAR are able to cater appropriately for demand.
You can book in the following ways:
- At STAR Base during its opening hours, next open on Tuesday 6th August from 7.30pm-9pm
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Step 3 - On the day
To book your free coach travel this season, for insurance and safeguarding purposes you must do it through our Supporters' Trust, and you must have a match ticket booked in order to travel. So please make sure your ticket for Hull is already purchased in advance of Saturday's game.
On the day, parking at Madejski Stadium is free, so you are able to leave your car safely in RG2 at no cost before heading off to the Royals' away day.
We recommend arriving at your chosen pickup point at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time, in order for the service to run on time and to guarantee your spot on the coach. There is usually a break at a motorway service station factored into the journey time as well, which usually lasts around 45 minutes.
For Saturday's match, coaches will depart Madejski Stadium at 7.45am and from West Street, Reading at 8am.
Terms and conditions
- Absolutely, strictly no alcohol on board
- Under 14s must travel with a parent or responsible adult
- 14-17 year-olds can travel unaccompanied by an adult provided STAR have a signed parental consent form
- 14-17 year olds must be picked up and dropped off at the stadium only – not town centre
- Seating is unreserved, and we politely request you to occupy the same seat on outward and return journeys
- Departure times are set to account for travel to the away ground, in order to arrive for approximately one hour before kick-off, traffic dependent
- One coach is designated as Reading Town Centre coach, only this coach will pick up and drop off in West Street, Reading. Members wishing to travel on this coach must state this at the time of booking. No other coaches will go to the town centre other than this coach
STAR Booking Policy
Only STAR members are allowed to travel on coaches organised by STAR Travel. Members will be required to produce their membership card when both booking the coach and have them available when boarding prior to travel. Persons not in possession of a valid membership card may be prevented from travelling.
If you purchase membership online a few days before wishing to book, you may find your membership card is not ready for collection, however you can still book a place by bringing your application confirmation email containing your membership number with you at the time of booking.
You can join at the membership desk at the STAR Base and then book travel at the same time. Members may book for groups but, at the time of booking, must be in possession of the membership cards relating to all those in the group.